Monday, May 13, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Monday Muscle Work - Upper Body

If you're still following the BeFit in 90 series, Day 9 / Phase 1 again consists of 4 videos previously posted.  For your convenience, here's a link to that page:  BeFit in 90 - Day 9

Today, I'm continuing on with the Beach Body workout series from Shape Magazine.  This is an upper body workout with some core work (when you are in plank position).  They don't do much of a cool down, so I'd do that separately.

Remember when doing punches, keep your movements controlled and don't lock out your elbows.  The woman in the video provides modifications for each of the exercises, so you can work out at your own level.

Beach Body Workout 8:  Upper Body

Remember this?


I remember back to when I first saw Linda Hamilton in Teminator 2, I so wanted her ripped arms!!!  Realistically, that wasn't going to happen when I read how many hours a day she worked out in order to get that body.  (So again, don't worry--you won't get huge muscles from the workouts I post).

Now I'm happy that my arms look more like the first picture.  Nothing feels better than to be able to rock that tank top, or sleeveless dress!  You may think that it's all bicep work, but really, it's working out your shoulders and triceps as well that actually gives your arms that awesome muscle tone.  So work those muscles so you can show off your guns this Summer!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment