Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday's Trunk and Core + Some Missed Muscle Work -- Blogilates Challenges

I just couldn't get my act together to post anything yesterday.

So, today I found some fun challenges from Cassey Ho on the Blogilates Channel on YouTube.  These challenges are set to different songs.  I chose challenges for the abs and lower body.  I'll do some for the upper body in another post.  The songs are all between 3 and 4 minutes long.

Remember as always, warm up first and don't forget to stretch after!


The first one is the "Roar" Challenge for Abs and Inner Thighs



The second one is the "When You Love Her" Legs and Lunges Challenge:


The third one is the "Dance with Me"  Ab Challenge:




The fourth one is the "Glad You Came" Calves Challenge:

An easier alternative to the bag of books is to fill empty milk bottles with water = 8 lbs.




Next is the "As Long as You Love Me" Love Handles Challenge:


One more for the abs:  The "Up All Night" Abs Challenge

If it bothers your neck, place your hands gently behind your head keeping your elbows way back--lift chest toward the knees NOT your elbows.  This could actually hurt your neck more if done improperly.





and my personal favorite:  Gangnam Style Call Me Maybe Mash-Up Squat (lower body/cardio) Challenge:



This is such a great idea, I'm definitely going to incorporate some challenges like this into a couple of my own classes.














No comments:

Post a Comment