Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturday's Stretch and Flexibility - Yoga for Holiday Meal Digestion

With Thanksgiving being next week I thought this would be a good yoga routine to post.  Even though we don't mean to, most of us overindulge on Thanksgiving because there is so much on the table that we don't eat every day.  It's a special day that revolves around family and, well, food.  

Now I'm the first one who always tells my students not to get all freaked out about it, it's one day--enjoy it and the food!  There is one exception, don't eat anything that you know is going to make you really sick--that's just not worth it to me.

My trick to not overdoing it is simple--I eat the foods that I don't get regularly and skip the ones I do.  I don't eat the mashed potatoes or rolls, but eat the stuffing and gravy--and the pecan pie that my son makes--YUM!!!

This routine is called "Yoga for Holiday Meal Digestion"  Maybe instead of napping on the couch, you can get your guests to do this together---hahaha, I can just see my brothers....


No comments:

Post a Comment