Saturday, March 1, 2014

Saturday's Stretch & Flexibility -- Lining Up Hips, Knees, Ankles and Feet

I have been having some pain in my right knee (something I get from time to time--I had surgery on this knee a long time ago--about 25 years ago).  I fear that I'm developing arthritis in it.


So, this week's workout is a bit selfish on my part.  I'm hoping that if I do some knee specific stretching/strengthening exercises it will help.

The routine comes from Dr. Melissa West.  It is Namaste Yoga Episode Number 119.

The description from YouTube:

This yoga class is all about lining up your hip, knees and ankle joints. This class is excellent for anybody suffering with knee issues or arthritis in their hips or knees. In this class imagine your hip, knee and ankle joints as three dots that create a straight line. This simple movements will traction the joints to create lubrication and safe movement in your joints. We will combine these movement with breath and mantra. Drawing on Thich Nhat Hanh's beautiful manta's "In, Out. Calm, Smile. Present Moment, Beautiful Moment." these beautiful mantras will combine with movement to create a simple yet meaningful yoga class. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment