Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday's Recipe Share -- Pork Chop Cacciatore

For Easter, I bought some jarred Eggplant and Vegetables to use as an appetizer.  It was really good, it was a mix of eggplants, peppers and onions in a tomato sauce.  Regardless, I did end up having quite a bit of the jar leftover, so I decided to mix it with some marinara sauce that I also had in my pantry and make some really simple Pork Chop Cacciatore.


I simply heated the leftover eggplant mixture, mashing it with a fork along with the entire contents of the can of marinara sauce.

I heated up a large skillet and added some extra virgin olive oil to it (you could use a dutch oven as well).  I pan seared the pork chops--I had 4 or 5--I did two at a time.  Then I put all the chops into the pan and dumped the entire pot of sauce over the top.  I covered it and let it simmer on medium heat for an hour or so.  That's it. Tender and delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment