Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Something New Saturday - Samba

Do you like to dance?  Whether it's at a club or in your living room, dancing is a great way to burn calories.  Even if you have two left feet, as long as you keep moving your body, that is all that matters.  I love to dance.  I miss dancing to the oldies every weekend at Buffoon's--Rick and I did this when we were dating and first married--I never really left the dance floor all night.  I don't think Rick misses it at all though :(


I took dance classes when I was middle school age.  Did you know that Marilu Henner (she's currently on Celebrity Apprentice) was my dance teacher? She taught modern dance.  I also learned some ballroom and boy/girl type dancing from her mom. Her brother and sister also taught.  There was a studio set up in their garage and it cost $1.00 per class.  It was so much fun.

I think this is why I prefer group exercise classes to working out by myself at home or at a club--If I do workout at home,  I'll pick a video workout over a treadmill or stationery bike any time.  I think it's also why I ALWAYS have to have music playing when I work out.  It motivates me to work harder.  I think about the beat and the lyrics more than how many reps I'm doing, or how much longer I have to go.

Today I'm sharing a quick, easy samba routine from Cheryl Burke of Dancing with the Stars.  There are multiple other videos from some of the other pros from that show doing different styles of dance.  The beauty of dancing like this is that no one has to see or know about it except you, so, shake that booty!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment