Sunday, March 31, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Sunday Recipe Share

Happy Easter!!!

One of the great things about blogs, is that you can write posts ahead of time and then schedule them to publish whenever you want...so no, I'm not writing this post on Easter morning!

Today I decided to share a salad with you that I made for dinner last night.  It is written as a cold salad, but I served it warm and did a bit of substituting to fit what I had in my pantry/fridge.



Gemelli Salad with Green Beans, Pistachios, and Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette

I used cavatappi pasta instead of gemelli--you could also use rotini--you want pasta with grooves or twists to hold the dressing.  I also subbed chopped walnuts for the pistachios and lemon juice for the vinegar, and I used frozen thin green beans.  I served it with burgers; it was delicious.  I can't wait to eat the leftovers!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment