Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Sunday Recipe Share--Chocolate Tacos

Yes, you read that right chocolate tacos!  Don't they look yummy? I was browsing through the Cooking Light website and came across this recipe (the actual recipe is listed on myrecipes.com).


I have not made this recipe yet, but when I do, I plan to make a couple of substitutions.  First, I'm going to use whole wheat white flour, second, I think I'm going to change the peanuts to pecans--since butter pecan is my favorite ice cream.  Lastly, I'm going to sub out the ice cream for some homemade banana "ice cream."

Have you ever made that?  It's awesome!  You can make peanut butter banana "ice cream" too.  Here's how to do that:  I make mine in a magic bullet, but you can use a food processor or blender too.

For one serving--cut 1 or 2 bananas into chunks and freeze until firm--I always have bananas in my freezer-it's a great way to use up overripe ones.  Put these frozen banana pieces into your magic bullet/food processor/blender and blend.  If you are using a blender or food processor, you can double the recipe for more servings. That's it!  It comes out thick like ice cream.  If you want it a bit more decadent and smooth, add a tablespoon or two of your favorite nut butter.  It's SO good, and it's better for you than ice cream.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment