Friday, May 17, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Friday Facts and Findings -- How to Live to Be 100

Today's article was posted last week on facebook via IdeaFit.  The article is from MindBodyGreen.com and is written by cardiologist Dr. Joel Kahn.  I don't know if I want to live to be 100, but if I do, I want to do so in the most healthy way that I can.






Surprisingly, one thing that I was only briefly mentioned was to laugh.  Laughing helps relieve physical tension and stress which thereby relaxes your entire body.  This decrease in stress hormones, along with an increase in immune cells and infection fighting antibodies, also helps to boost the immune system.  It triggers the release of endorphins (which are your body's natural feel good chemicals), and improves mood.  These are just a few of the health benefits to laughing.  Maybe I'll post a future article dedicated to this topic.

Are there any specific topics that you are interested in?  If so, add a comment here, or on my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment