Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: ShapeMagazine.com

I have been a subscriber to Shape Magazine for years.  Like my Cooking Light magazines, I dog ear this magazine too--this one for workout and recipe ideas as well as articles on health issues.  I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the fashion and beauty section--it is afterall, a fitness magazine.  I can see, showing exercise apparel, shoes and the occasional bathing suit, but the hair and makeup tips I can do without.  I'd rather have more articles pertaining to health and fitness...anyway....


I have "shared" several articles via facebook from this site and feel it's worth checking out.  You don't have to be a subscriber to the magazine to access it.  You can get several free newsletters sent to you via email,  you can "like" them on facebook, or follow them on Pinterest (they have several really good boards) or Twitter.

One thing you have to remember about this and other magazines that feature celebrity workouts, they don't always follow the best regimes--especially when it comes to diet.  A lot of the time they are getting in shape for a role and want fast results.  Sometimes this is done with extreme measures, so beware.  They work out for hours a day and follow very strict diets.  If any article states something like, "Lose 10 lbs. in 10 Days!" please read with caution!!!

To be fair, there are celebrities out there that follow very healthy lifestyles, eating right and exercising regularly.  I prefer it when they feature women athletes, although their training can be pretty extreme as well.

My favorite though, are the articles sent in from ordinary people who have lost weight and share their journey and what worked for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment