Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Thursday's Total Body Workout -- Jane Fonda: Fit and Strong


Who worked out to Jane Fonda's videos in the 80's?  I certainly did!.  Wow, times have changed!  She's 75 years old now!!!  The workout has changed as well, gone are the days of bouncing while stretching, and that "no pain, no gain" mentality.  I have to say her outfit now isn't much better than the one in the 80's though. :)

Yes, Jane Fonda has admitted to having "work" done, so I don't look at her body with awe or give her the credit I would if she didn't.  As I get older, I know how hard it is to stay in shape without any help from a surgeon; it takes work, time and commitment.  She is an inspiration to many though.

I know that I have people of different age groups and fitness levels that follow my blog, so after yesterday's intense workout, I thought I'd share these two.  I chose these because they show that you don't have to jump around like a maniac, or lift a ridiculous amount of weight to work your entire body.  This workout is done slow and controlled which can bring great results as well.  She focuses a lot on balance which is also very important, especially as we get older.

The first video is definitely easier--a lot of it is done sitting down.  Do a warm up first, since there isn't one included in either video.  Both levels include stretching exercises.

You do need a set of dumbbells, unitard and leg warmers optional.

Level 1

Level 2

For those BeFit in 90 followers:  BeFit in 90 - Day 15


No comments:

Post a Comment