Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Tuesday's Trunk and Core - "Ab Attack"


Little did I know that after last week Tuesday's Pilates post, I would find out that two of my Pilates classes were being cancelled due to low enrollment.  I know it's the Summer session and my numbers are usually lower, but I was really bummed.

So guess what?  I'm posting more Pilates this week!

I know a lot of people who mainly focus on cardio workouts because they want to burn calories.  Yes, that is important for weight loss, but again, strength training and core workouts are vital as well.

Remember, all movement comes from the core, so if your core is strong, your cardio work, whether it be running, swimming or dancing is going to be stronger as well.  The stronger your core, the higher your endurance level is going to be.  The stronger your core, the easier everyday activities will be from walking up stairs to tying your shoes.  The stronger your core, the better your balance.  Are you getting my point? :)

A strong core is necessary!  Remember though, your abdominals are muscles and should not be worked everyday--give those muscles a day to recover just like you would any other muscle group.


BeFit in 90:  Day 26

No comments:

Post a Comment