Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Thursday's Total Body/Cardio -- Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout

In honor of the Biggest Loser starting back up again next week, I decided to post this last chance workout video.


I have to say, I've become obsessed with the show.  Not because I believe in the drastic measures they use to take these people through their weight loss journeys, but more for the motivation the show gives people to get up and do something about their own individual lives.  

The funny and more importantly awesome thing about this video--it's nothing like the show.  I don't believe in working out 6 hours a day and limiting your calorie intake to an obscenely low number.  They can do this because they have doctors on staff if something goes wrong.  I don't believe it's good or right to push someone who's never worked out before to the point of vomiting.  Really?  What's up with that?  I also don't believe it's right or safe to push someone who weighs over 350 pounds to "run" on the treadmill--talk about the joint issues....anyway, I'm getting a bit carried away...

The thing that's great about the videos that Biggest Loser puts out is that they are great workouts for all levels, especially beginners.  They offer all kinds of modifications and you can watch the people doing those modifications the entire time.  And, the trainers are actually encouraging and nice--totally unlike the "characters" they portrait on the show to get ratings.

Ok, I'll climb off my soapbox now and let you get into the workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment