Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Wednesday's Wild/Warrior Workout -- Extreme Total Body Fat Burning Level 3

I'm exhausted just watching today's wild workout!  This is a level 3 fat burning workout from the BeFit in 30 Extreme series.


The workout consists of 3 circuits with 4 exercises each.  Each exercise is performed for 60 seconds with 15 seconds of  rest in between.  Each circuit is done once for a total body fat burning workout.  The exercises are advanced and intense.  Do them at your own highest level.  These are highly conditioned athletes doing these exercises, so don't feel you have to match their intensity.  I do want you to maintain perfect form throughout the workout--that should be your focus.

The warm up is pretty intense and short--I highly recommend doing the warm up video first.

One thing before you start--I don't agree with doing plyometric (jumping) exercises while holding a weight in your hand(s).  I believe that the risks outweigh the benefits here.  If you want to use weight, keep the moves low impact.  If you choose to jump with the weights, do so at your own risk.

The cool down and stretch is pretty short.  I suggest you pause it here and walk around until your heart rate comes down to a comfortable level, you can then do the stretches provided, but I'd recommend doing the full body stretch video.  I can't stress enough how important this is.

And remember, this isn't a live class, you can always hit "pause" if you need to.



No comments:

Post a Comment