Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday's Recipe Share -- Paleo Breakfast Cookies + a Quick Stretch

I love cookies!!!  So, when I decided to give the Paleo/Primal lifestyle a try, I thought I'd never eat a real cookie again--or at least one that tasted good.  Was I ever wrong!

I was so happy when I found the recipe for these Paleo Breakfast Cookies from  the preppy paleo.

The first recipe I tried was for pumpkin breakfast cookies.  They are grain free and are sweetened with just 1/4 cup or pure maple syrup or raw honey.  I do use dark or semisweet chocolate mini chips--the sugar free ones are just too nasty and I only use a small amount.  There is no butter or oil either, they contain almond butter--I make my own in the food processor using blanched almonds with a little bit of maple syrup or honey for moisture--just process until it becomes butter.  If you eat peanuts--you could always sub out peanut butter, but this has a much stronger flavor.  I've also used sunbutter (from sunflower seeds).  Just a note--sunflower seeds and butter tends to turn green when it's baked--don't be alarmed!!!

I eat one or two of these cookies for breakfast when I don't have time for anything else.  And let me tell you, they are a much healthier alternative to most cereals out there.  I pack them with unsweetened shredded coconut, flax seed meal, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and more.  You can make them a little different each time by what you use as your "add -ins."  They are also a great snack.  I keep them in my fridge.


The recipe I made more recently was for Paleo Banana Breakfast cookies.  Instead of pumpkin, mashed banana is used and there is no added sweetener!  Again I used the chocolate chips, coconut and flax seed meal, but this time I added raisins and chopped pecans.  Yummy!


Lastly, is the original recipe that contains 1 cup of almond butter ( a bit more $$$) along with the 1/4 c. of maple syrup or honey:



Sorry I missed yesterday--you know, crazy time of the year....

Anyway, here's the quick stretch from FitnessBlender:  "Kelli's Quick Cool Down and Stretch--Feel Good Stretching Routine for Morning or Night"




No comments:

Post a Comment