Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday's Recipe Share -- Sweet Potato Tots + 31 Healthy Ingredient Swaps

I have loved tater tots every since my first bite.  However, they are not the healthiest way to eat potatoes.  Since I'm trying to eat less processed foods and less white potatoes, I was very excited to try the recipe I found on Pinterest for Sweet Potato Tots.  They are very simple and quite yummy!


They went really well with my deconstructed burger.



Here's the recipe:

2-3 medium sweet potatoes, baked and cooled
1-2 T. Parmesan cheese
flax seed meal

Peel the potatoes and grate into a bowl.  Add Parmesan cheese.  Mix well.

Form into tots, roll in flax meal.  Place on a baking sheet that is coated with coconut oil.  It made a full tray.

Bake 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, flip over bake 5-8 minutes more or until golden brown.

These would make great appetizers as well.

Here's a bonus that I found via facebook.  Notice it says instant swaps to "healthify" any recipe--it doesn't say 31 instant swaps to lower calories/fat.  Healthier doesn't necessarily mean lower in fat and calories--read the descriptions that go with each substitution for more information as to why that choice is considered healthier.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment