Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Thursday's Total Body--Weight Loss Yoga: Total Body Sweat and Tone

The more I do yoga, the more I am really beginning to love it.


Today's workout is the first of another series that I found on YouTube.

Tara Stiles is a well-known Yoga instructor.  She developed this 4 week weight loss program several years ago.  The workouts are meant to be done 3 times a week, adding a new workout to the previous one each week, so that by week 4, you'll be doing all 4 workouts one right after another.

The first week's workout is called Sweat and Tone--it is approximately 7 minutes long.  Week two is detox, week three is abs and week four is opening and releasing tension from the hips.

Week 1 Total Body Sweat and Tone

Even though yoga is gentler and without the bounce of other workouts, I do recommend doing a warm up first.  If I remember, I'll post week 2 next week.

I recently took this book out the library--that is how I found out about Tara Stiles.  I found it quite interesting.  Once, I can get into a routine, I'm definitely going to try some of the "yoga cures" more regularly for certain ailments I have, like arthritis/wrist pain, stomach issues, and my neverending thyroid issues.


While I researched her, I found her YouTube Channel and she is also on the LIVESTRONG Woman channel and has quite a few "Yoga Solution" videos, some of which address the same issues that are illustrated in the book.  Here's a link to the LIVESTRONG Woman channel:  The Yoga Solution

She also has a website:  http://tarastiles.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment