Monday, September 9, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Monday's Muscle Work -- Inner Thighs and Triceps

I usually post either upper or lower body exercises on Monday, but today I thought I'd post one that has exercises for both the inner thighs and the triceps.

For women, having toned triceps makes your arms look more shapely than just having toned biceps.  Goodbye bat wings!



It is a 10 minute workout.  There is no warm up.  Please do that yourself first.

It's important to work the opposing muscles as well to keep your body balanced--if you don't do that today, then make sure you do tomorrow.  The opposing muscles are the biceps (yes, you should still work them) and outer thighs--the squats and lunges do work more than just your inner thighs.  They also work your hamstrings, glutes and quads.  For outer thigh, you can do some side leg lifts.

On the plie squat make sure you stay upright, you don't want to bend at the waist and keep your head in line with the neck (she tucks her head down a bit, don't do that).

On the kickbacks, keep your elbows high only moving the lower part of the arm--bending and straightening the elbows.  On these you do want to be leaned over at the hip only--keep your chest up and your shoulders down from your ears.

Don't forget to stretch afterward!  The butterfly stretch she does at the end is good for the inner thighs, but she doesn't stretch the triceps--to do that take one hand and reach for the middle of the back.  Take the other hand and gently press the arm back just below the elbow to increase the stretch.




I had a very busy Sunday, so I didn't get to post any recipes.  I thought I'd post one here.  I just shared this on facebook, but thought I'd share it here too.  The recipe is for "Healthy Butterfingers" from Chocolate Covered Katie.

Again, I wouldn't necessarily call these "healthy" but they have much better ingredients than what is in the original candy bar I'm sure:  peanut butter, bran flakes, agave (I'm going to try honey since that's what I have in my pantry).

Be careful with portion control--they still have 115 calories and 7.2 grams of fat per serving.  The really good thing is that there aren't any chemicals or preservatives or any of that stuff you can't pronounce in them!  Here's the link:  Healthy Butterfingers

No comments:

Post a Comment