Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fitness Tip of the Day: Sunday's Recipe Share -- Hawaiian Chicken Skewers

I've been researching the Paleo way of eating and came across this recipe on The Food Lover's Kitchen.  I just happened to have all the ingredients (except the ginger root--I subbed ground), so i made them Thursday night.  They were delicious!  ( I will post more on Paleo as I learn more).


The recipe doesn't say how much of the pineapple to use for the sauce, so I threaded the skewers first and then made the sauce with what was left.  I also added green pepper pieces in between.  I ended up with 5 skewers that were about 4 -5 inches long--3 pieces of meat, pineapple and green pepper each.

I also made sauteed asparagus with green beans and added some of the sauce to those as well,  YUM!

Here's a link to the recipe:  Hawaiian Chicken Skewers

I'm making these next, they look so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment