Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday's Recipe Share -- Layered Ratatouille & Baked Eggplant "Skins"





I absolutely love eggplant, but that was not always the case.  The only way I'd eat it when I was a kid was when it was breaded and fried and dipped in tomato sauce.  Truthfully, it's the only way I ever ate it, because it was the only way it was ever served.

A while back I shared an appetizer recipe for Load Eggplant Rounds on my Facebook page and on Pinterest.  I call them Baked Eggplant "Skins" because they remind me of potato skins.  I made them for my mom's 85th birthday party and they were a big hit.  I think these are my favorite way to eat eggplant now.  The link to the recipe is below the picture.


This post, however is about Ratatouille.  I found a recipe for it that was delicious and now that I finally have a mandolin, the slicing will be so much easier!

This version has eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, green peppers, tomatoes and onions in it.  The recipe that I followed used red peppers, but I didn't have any.  When I made this, the tomatoes, peppers and herbs came from my garden.  I can't wait for warmer weather to start up my vegetable garden again!

Here's the link to the recipe:  Layered Ratatouille

No comments:

Post a Comment